- Day may take place on the picturesque Predil Lake to learn basic kayaking technique and paddle stroke progression.
- Day carries on on a beginner friendly section of the emerald Soca river to run white water safely for the first time.
- Day might be a repetition of the 2nd or 1st day according to progress made in the previous days or a step up to day 4
- Day 4 can be organised on the upper section of the Soca river in a class I-II+ white water environment with relatively easy flows.
- Day of the course will take place according to progression made on previous days. Potentially already on the somewhat challenging Class II-III lower section of the Soca river or again on the the more forgiving yet beautiful Class I-II+ upper section.
|Trips start in the morning or afternoon
|Bovec main square
|DURATION OF THE TRIP
|RECOMMENDED if present
Usually we meet in Bovec, main square or at the kayaking base
Getting the necessary gears for the activity
You ll be quing up in the base and each participant are going to get all the items required for kayaking and to be safe and warm on the river.
Short drive to the river put in
You ll be transported to the starting. The section of the kayaking trip may change according to actual water levels of the Soca river
Getting in the gear
It is time to jump into the wetsuits and put on the flotation devices and helmets. There might be a quick photo opportunity with your personal phones but then every valuable needs to be taken in the cars. Cars will be waiting at the river takeout.
Kayak instructor teaches you all about white water kayaking including:
- Location, actual river level, actual river hazards
- Proper wear of safety equipment, PFDs, Helmets
- Sitting position in the kayak, kayak outfitting/adjustments
- Paddling instructions, stoke progression, balancing, edging, bracing
- Wet exit or eskimo roll
- Swift water reading, Edys
- Short – Long swimmer rescues, self rescue
- Team management
- Worst case scenarios
Begin floating down the river
Rivertime usually takes around 2 hours while the instructor actively works on mastering proper river running techniques and helps with the rescue in the event of capsize and wet exit.
Arriving at the takeout
Carrying kayaks to the parking and getting changed